Welcome to the 2018-2019 band year. I’d like to take a moment to introduce myself. My name is Dorothy Williams and I am the proud mother of a Freshman in the band this year. One of my other band jobs is to serve on your booster board as the Fundraising Executive. If you are a new member, welcome to the most fantastic family at Spring Hill High School. Each year it costs around $100,000 to make this band function. Sadly, we receive very little funding from our county, so we are left to fundraise for the big items such as new uniforms and instruments. Here’s a little about how you can help your student and our band.
- Monthly Spirit Nights – Each month we will host an event somewhere in town where you eat out or enjoy an experience on a set day during a set time. Sometimes you will need a flyer and sometimes you just show up and enjoy time with your friends and family. These events will be announced through our Facebook page as well as through our weekly e-mails.
2. Spiritwear – Show your band pride by purchasing a hoodie, insulated cup, car decal, long or short sleeve shirt, and other fun items. The order form for the next round of orders can be downloaded here Band Hoodie Order Form 2018 . You can even personalize some of the items with name, instrument, mom, dad, etc.
3. Kroger Community Rewards – If you do not have an organization that you are supporting through Kroger, please consider choosing our band. You can log into your Kroger account, select My account, Community Rewards and enter the code 89398. A portion of your Kroger purchases will be donated to our band. You don’t have to do anything but select our band and then shop at Kroger. A portion of all your grocery purchases will be donated to our band.
4. Amazon Smile – If you shop through Amazon.com, use this link to ensure we get credit for a portion of your purchase. Amazon Smile
- Fruit & Nut Sale – Watch for information about our annual fruit and nut sale to come home in September. This is our largest sales fundraiser of the year. We even give out some fantastic prizes for participation in this one.
- Cruzin’ for the Music Festival – In late May or early June we put on a very large car show and craft fair. We will need lots of volunteers for this event. The planning committee will begin meeting in September. If you want more info on joining the planning committee, please contact me.
- Buffalo Wild Wings Home Team Advantage – Our band is registered with Buffalo wild Wings in Spring Hill for this fundraiser. Every time you dine there our band will receive a donation of 10% of your bill. From now until Jan 1, 2019 every time you visit Buffalo Wild Wings, tell your server you are with “Team C”.
- Shop With Scrip – This program donates money right into your band student’s personal fee account. For more information about this opportunity, please contact Leslie Hazard at email@example.com